The European Cancer Patient Coalition (ECPC) is a European umbrella organisation, set up in 2003, based in Brussels gathering over 450 cancer patient associations from 46 Countries.
We are recruiting a Senior Research Projects Officer to manage the organisation’s work in EU and third parties funded projects in cancer. The Senior Research Projects Officer will be working with the various project files of the organisation, contributing to EU and industry funded projects, and establishing good working relations with key stakeholders. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional with sound educational and professional background.
- Drafting research project proposals, including budget allocations for ECPC;
- Determining the resources (time, money, equipment) required to complete the research projects;
- Liaising with the European Commission, project partners and leaders, and other stakeholders on progress of all initiatives and ensuring that all contract terms are met;
- Follow-up developments and projects announcements in Cancer Mission and Eu Cancer Plan
- Taking care of the day-to-day projects administration, including scheduling project meetings, writing minutes and circulating reference materials to prepare for meetings;
- Supporting and coordinating the Scientific Committee and its Chair in the preparation and implementation of specific project proposals, in the presentation of the projects at events and ad hoc papers, as needed;
- Monitoring the projects progress as well as finances on a regular basis
- Working closely with the financial officer to ensure the timely preparation and submission of project financial reports and supporting documentation;
- Compiling, reviewing, and editing project technical progress reports and annual work plans and overseeing timely submission;
- Liaising, as necessary, with other departments at ECPC (communication, policy and advocacy) for promoting projects, developing policies and preparing advocacy materials and tools.
Education and skills
- A MSc in Medicine, Biology, preferably with experience in oncology, clinical trials, HTA, health systems, genetics, while an additional degree or working experience in Business Administration, EU Affairs, and published papers are desirable
- Extensive and concrete knowledge of EU research funded projects (H2020, IMI, Digital technology) is required,
- Knowledge of the European oncology, health systems and cancer care system is desirable
- Basic understanding of the functioning of the European Union is desirable
- Good working knowledge of EU health and oncology stakeholders’ ecosystem is necessary
- Ability to plan workload and estimate timelines accurately, to meet tight deadlines, to handle multiple projects are essential
- Capability to use a shared online project management system
- Proactiveness, collegiality, readiness to offer a helping hand in various tasks, sociable mature personality able to relate with peers and high-level officials
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in both team and independent environments
- Willingness and availability to work long hours, whenever necessary, to undertake business travel at short notice and assist in all activities of a busy small office
- Ability to work in an international and multilingual environment with a fast-paced team of young professionals
- Outstanding written and verbal skills in English (English fluency is mandatory) and attention to detail and numeracy
- Fluency in at least another EU language
- Experience in delivering oral presentations to small and large professional audiences
- Good use of social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) in health care for the dissemination of the projects is required
- At least 5 years’ professional experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint is essential
- Relevantprior professional experience of at least five years in a similar position is required
- Experience in health related or non-profit organisations, particularly in a patients’ organisation, is desirable
- Experience in preparing documents (press releases, editorials, etc.) for the press and online media
- Experience in writing long documents (reports, position papers, project proposals, etc.) and in creating/using visuals with desk top publishing
- Budget planning, oversight, and accounting experience is desirable
- Database management experience is desirable
What we offer
This is a full-time position (38 hours per week), with permanent contract (probation period is 6 months), benefits include meal vouchers for 8 EUR per day, 5 additional holidays per year, GSM abonnement, Eco vouchers, Hospitalisation insurance, Group insurance, CCT90 bonus, Cadeau Pass for 40 EUR (end of year) and Sport & Culture Pass for 100 EUR, based in Brussels, offering many learning and career advancement opportunities for the right candidate. The position is suitable for young professionals aiming to build vertical expertise on many and varied aspects of cancer and health care in the policy area.
We offer a captivating and varied function with an organisation driven by its mission and where initiative, creativity, and energy are strongly encouraged.
Interested candidates should send a CV and a cover letter (maximum two pages) in English to Chris.email@example.com by 24 July 2020.
The cover letter should outline your suitability and motivation for the post. It should explicitly reference how your profile matches the different job requirements described above. Please also include with your application the names and contact details of two people (ideally a current or former line manager or supervisor) who could provide a reference in case you are short-listed for interview, as well as samples of papers/projects you have written
All applications received will treated with utmost confidentiality.
Starting date: Immediate