Join us now
Why should you be a part of ECPC? Let us tell you why! We are proud to unite the largest European cancer patients’ community. Bringing together over 400 organisations and covering all cancer types from the rarest to the most common, as well as transversal topics related to cancer such as pain management and survivorship, we aim to serve our members through advocating and empowering patients.
As a member, you will benefit from unique networking opportunities with leading cancer-related organisations and capacity-building with insights on best practices, and gain access to the latest, high-quality information and developments in the sector. We work for a Europe where all cancer patients have the best treatment and care available throughout their life, and we place the patient at the centre of the fight against cancer and related issues. Joining ECPC will position you amongst policymakers, researchers, doctors and industry, all of whom recognise the importance of patients as the co-creators of their own health. Be a part of making changes that benefit the whole of society!
“ECPC is our most valued and significant partnership as we are actively involved in oncopolicy and psychosocial-oncology capacity building in the European Union. APSCO – the Romanian Association for Services and Communication in Oncology – strongly supports ECPC’s mission on survivorship and long-term cancer care across Europe, including integrative cancer treatment and transitioning into primary care, and especially its dedication to E-health and new AI digital healthcare interventions. Disparities in cancer research, treatment, including personalized medicine and value-based healthcare are our shared challenges with the largest and truly representative patient organization in EU.”Dr. habil. Dégi L. Csaba PhD MSW, Director, International Psycho-Oncology Society (IPOS)
Become a Member
There are two types of ECPC members: Full Members are organisations that meet all membership criteria and will gain voting rights within the ECPC General Assembly; and Associate Members are those that do not meet all of the criteria and therefore do not have voting rights.
Full Membership is open to organisations that meet the following criteria:
- The organisation shall be registered as a non-profit organisation in one of the EU Member States;
- The main objective of the organisation shall be advocacy, support and care for cancer patients and their carers. Cancer-specific organisations (e.g. lung, leukaemia, etc.) shall be considered for membership if they can demonstrate a clear patient focus (advocacy, support and care) in their activities and patient involvement in the organisation’s activities;
- The majority of those involved in the organisation’s management, directly or indirectly, must be cancer patients;
- The organisation shall be willing to cooperate with other organisations having the same objectives;
- The organisation shall be independent of governments, political parties and commercial organisations;
- The organisation must support and demonstrate a commitment to ECPC’s vision and mission.
Associate Membership is open to organisations that do not meet the above requirements, but that:
- are a cancer-related and patient-oriented organisation;
- are a non-profit organisation;
- support and demonstrate a commitment to ECPC’s vision and mission.
If you are interested in joining ECPC, please complete the Membership Application Form and send it to Adriana Martins, Community and Capacity Building Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to answer any of your queries. We would be delighted to welcome you on board!