ECPC Conference and General Meeting 2022
The ECPC Conference and General Meeting took place on 27 and 28 of May 2022 in the Renaissance Brussels Hotel. The event was organised in hybrid more (online and on site).
About ECPC Conference and General Meeting:
The Conference and General Meeting is the pinnacle of each year for us and our members. With each year bringing new ideas and excitement, we were extremely happy to reunite with our members and partners after the travel restrictions during the COVID19 pandemic and to create a unique experience and outlook for the coming year. Welcoming partners, patient organisations and healthcare professionals from all over Europe and representing different cancer types, we shared the goal of empowering those who are in the fight against cancer and related issues and explored the complexities of cancer and its implications in all aspects of life. The aim? To share best practices and create new partnerships bringing a new momentum to all of our activities!
Encouraging an innovative, forward thinking environment, participants shared, learnt and explored new ideas and approaches with the aim of tackling the challenges facing cancer patients.
During the 2-day event, there was an exciting mix of sessions, workshops, networking breaks and social events, forging connections and friendships that last beyond the congress. Part of our role here at ECPC is to facilitate these important connections to advance the cancer agenda and make the voice of cancer patients heard across Europe. The message was clear: Together we are stronger!
ECPC Annual Conference 2022 – May 27th
- Address of the Health and Food Safety Commissioner – Stella Kyriakides, Commissioner for Health and Food Safety
The EU Cancer Plan, the Cancer Mission and patient engagement
Chairs: Kathi Apostolidis, ECPC President; Dr David Ritchie, ECL Cancer Prevention Manager
- What does the Cancer Mission mean for patients? – Denis Horgan, Executive Director of the European Alliance for Personalised Medicine (EAPM) (online)
- Living Beyond Cancer – 20 Million Reasons why we need to get it right – Mark Lawler, Professor of Digital Health, Queen’s University Belfast, Co-Chair of the European Cancer Organisation’s Special Network on the Impact of COVID-19 on Cancer, Member Scientific Committee European Cancer Patient Coalition
- Cancer Patient organizations involvement in cancer policy and EU Cancer Plan priorities – Charis Girvalaki, ECPC Director
Cancer in the meta-covid era
Chairs: Mark Lawler, ECPC Scientific Committee member; Matti Jarvinen, ECPC Board Secretary
- Sharing Data, Knowledge and Expertise across borders – Jean Yves Blay, Network Director of ERN-EURACAN, ESMO –(online)
- Challenge Cancer Intergroup: Collaboration of MEPs with Members of National Parliaments in the fight against cancer – Cristian Busoi, Member of the European Parliament, Chair of the Challenge Cancer Intergroup (Video message)
- Patient mobility and cancer/JAs – Tit Albreht, Coordinator of the third, Joint Action on cancer control, entitled innovative Partnership for Action Against Cancer (iPAAC) -(online)
- ECPC Conference 2022 Booklet- May 27th
- Agenda of the ECPC General Meeting – May 28th
- Guest KIT with all the information you need before & after your arrival in Brussels.
ECPC Annual General Meeting 2022 – May 28th
- ECPC Action Plan 2022
- Financial Report 2021
- Financial Report 2020
- Annual Report 2021
- Annual Report 2020
You can also find here the previous editions of ECPC Conference and Annual General Meeting.