ECPC, has an immediate vacancy for a full-time Office and Administration Manager. You will support the ECPC Secretariat and Board, and work with the ECPC Treasurer and Audit Committee, external Accountant and Auditor to ensure that we meet financial and administrative requirements:
- Manage the office, and other administrative matters;
- Perform tasks related to the financial and accounting requirements for our small NGO, especially related to adhering to and reporting back on EU-funded activities.
Administrative and Communications Responsibilities;
- Manage services provided by suppliers (office rental, office and equipment maintenance, internet, supplies, etc.) and keep all contract files updated, ensure procurement procedures are followed, manage general office insurances and files updated;
- Committed to keeping information confidential when needed;
- Staff administration: keep track of presence in the office, register absence of staff, support the Director in daily staff administration;
- Perform other duties as needed, such as handling reimbursements, meeting reports, and other administrative tasks to support other colleagues and the Director;
- Support the Director in implementing an effective Control Management system to prepare ECPC for a Quality Management system for standards and procedures of the organisation.
- Prepare and monitor financial reporting and requirements for EU funds;
- Track income and expenditure on a weekly basis (excel);
- Issue invoices and follow up with members in a timely manner;
- Keep track of and pay bills;
- Manage reimbursements to staff and meeting participants;
- Prepare quarterly reports to Treasurer;
- Prepare budgets and other financial reports to Board;
- Present financial situation to Board and General Assembly;
- Liaise closely with Board Treasurer, external Auditor and external Accountant;
- Advise Board and staff on financial matters;
- Preparation of files to track balance;
- Prepare quarterly finance reports, including budget vs actuals;
- Liaise with bank/s.
• Organised and attention to detail;
• Fluent in spoken and written French/Dutch AND English;
• Formal education in a related field;
• Experienced working in the European context;
• Experience in financial reporting for EU-funded projects;
• Excellent PC skills;
• Experience with using Office Suite;
• Excellent communication skills; and
• Authorised to work in Belgium.
• Specialised degree or certificate in accounting and/or administration;
Terms of Employment: Salary offered will commensurate with experience. Office is in 1000 Brussels. Starting date: ASAP
Forward your application by 18 March 2020 with the following (applications with missing information will not be considered):
1. Cover letter on your a) motivations, b) qualifications, and d) salary requirement (no more than one A4 page);
2. Full curriculum vitae with 3 professional references.
Applications with missing information will not be considered.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for interviews week of 23 March 2020, subject to Board availability. ECPC is a smoke-free workplace, compliant with Belgian regulations.
Please forward your application by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (no telephone calls accepted).