The European Cancer Patient Coalition is recruiting
Two Junior Health and Research Officers
Full-time (100%) position – 1 year contract with possibility to renew
to start as soon as possible
Deadline: 30th January 2023
Offices: ECPC Secretariat, 6, Avenue des Arts, 1210 Brussels
Junior Health and Research Officers (2)
The European Cancer Patient Coalition (ECPC) is a European umbrella organization based in Brussels gathering over 450 cancer patient associations from 49 Countries.
ECPC was set up in 2003. We believe that cancer patients are the most important partners in cancer control and we advocate for all the cancer-related issues aﬀecting our society. Every day we are working to make sure that all European cancer patients have timely and aﬀordable access to the best treatment and care available, throughout their life.
We are recruiting two Junior Health & Research Projects Officers with one year contract, with possibility to renew, to support the Health and Research Projects Team to manage the organization’s work in EU and third parties funded projects in cancer. The Junior Research Projects Officers will be members of the Health and Research Team and will be working, under the supervision of the Sr Health and Research Project Manager, with the various project files of the organization, contributing to EU and industry funded projects, as assigned to them. This is an exciting opportunity for young, ambitious professionals with relevant educational and professional background.
- Collect information and data towards drafting research project proposals, including budget allocations for ECPC;
- Answer correspondence, keep directories of project partners, keep the official archives of each project, follow projects announcements by the European Commission, IHI and others and inform accordingly the Sr Health and Research Officers, the Chair of Scientific Committee and the Board
- In collaboration with the Sr Health and Research Officers take care of the day-to-day projects administration, including scheduling project meetings, writing minutes, and circulating reference materials to prepare for meetings
- In collaboration with the Sr Health and Research Officers you will collect and provide project information, deadlines, reports, financial data, etc. to the Projects Coordinator in a timely and organized basis.. so that the Project Coordinator always has the necessary individual project information
- In collaboration with the Health and Research Officers, collect and organize receipts, invoices, contracts, for all expenses of each project, gather all information and data required for the projects’ progress and financial reports.
- Design survey questionnaires, and analyse the results with the support of the Sr Health and Research Officers.
- Define contents of interviews of patients and other stakeholders for projects.
- Support HR officers in the writing of white papers and other texts meant to make scientific research easily accessible to patients and the general public.
- Prepare presentations, social media posts, brochures as the case may be for each project, liaising, as necessary, with other departments at ECPC (communication, policy and advocacy) for promoting projects, and preparing advocacy materials and tools.
Education and skills
- A Bachelor preferably in Medicine, Biology, Pharmaceutical Science, Public Health, is required. Post-graduate studies in oncology, clinical trials, HTA, health systems, genomics, is an asset
- Working Knowledge of EU research funded projects (H2020, Horizon Europe, IMI, IHI, Digital technology) is required
- Basic understanding of the functioning of the European Commission is desirable
- Ability to plan workload and estimate timelines accurately, to meet tight deadlines, to handle multiple projects are essential
- Capability to use a shared online project management system
- Expert user of MS Office suite especially advanced user of Excel and Power Point
- Proactiveness, collegiality, readiness to offer a helping hand in various tasks, sociable, mature personality able to relate equally well with peers and high-level officials
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in both team and independent environments
- Ability to work in an international and multilingual environment with a fast-paced team of young professionals
- Outstanding written and verbal skills in English (English fluency is mandatory) and attention to detail and numeracy
- Fluency in at least another EU language
- Experience in delivering oral presentations to small and large professional audiences
- Good use of social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) in health care for the dissemination of the projects is required
- Relevant prior professional experience of at least two years in a similar position is required, excluding any traineeships
- Experience in health related or non-profit organisations, particularly in a patients’ organization, is desirable
- Experience in preparing documents (press releases, editorials, etc.) for the press and online media
- Experience in writing long documents (reports, position papers, project proposals, etc.) and in creating/using visuals with desk top publishing
- Database management experience is desirable
What we offer
This is a full-time position (38 hours per week), with an one year contract with possibility to renew, benefits include meal vouchers, 5 additional holidays per year, GSM abonnement, Eco vouchers, hospitalization insurance, group insurance, CCT90 bonus, Cadeau Pass (end of year) and Sport & Culture Pass, based in Brussels, offering many learning and career advancement opportunities for the right candidate. The position is suitable for young professionals aiming to build vertical expertise on many and varied aspects of cancer and health care in cancer policy and research.
We offer a captivating and varied function with an organization driven by its mission and where initiative, creativity, and energy are strongly encouraged. The successful candidate will collaborate with a young, well educated, motivated, professional, and friendly Secretariat and a very involved, expert, and collaborative Board and Scientific Committee.
Starting date: Immediate
Interested candidates should send a CV and a cover letter (maximum two pages) in English by EMAIL ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than January 30, 2023. The cover letter should have as Subject line: “Application for the position of Jr Health & Research Officer – your name”) and should outline your suitability and motivation for the post, indicating also when you could start, if short-listed for interview. It should explicitly reference how your profile matches the different job requirements described above. Please also include a photo with your application and the names and contact details of two people (ideally a current or former line manager or supervisor) who could provide a reference in case you are short-listed for interview.
We will assess the applications as we receive them and you should not wait till the deadline is passed. Should you be interested please do not wait till the last day, as we may have already filled the position.
Applications not meeting the requirements will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. CV and personal data of non-selected candidates are not shared with anyone outside ECPC.