Junior Finance Officer: Job description
The European Cancer Patient Coalition (ECPC) is a European umbrella organisation based in Brussels gathering 450 cancer patient associations.
ECPC was set up in 2003 and believes that cancer patients are the most important partners in the ﬁght against cancer and against all the cancer-related issues aﬀecting our society. Policy makers, researchers, doctors and industry should recognise cancer patients as co-creators of their own health.
Every day we are working towards all European cancer patients to have timely and aﬀordable access to the best treatment and care available, throughout their life.
We are looking for a talented and ambitious Junior Finance Officer to join the administrative team. As part of this role, you will be responsible for the financial and administrative implementation and management of a portfolio of EU-funded projects (mainly H2020 and Horizon Europe). You will work under the direct supervision of ECPC Finance and HR Manager.
- Support the Finance and HR Manager and the overall projects team with the financial management of EU-funded projects.
- Work closely with the Finance and HR Manger to ensure the timely preparation and submission of project financial reports and supporting documentation.
- Work closely with the Finance and HR Manager to draft, review and finalize sub-contracts, including those for consultants/freelancers;
- Monitor the budgets of EU grants and service contracts, including monitoring timesheets, staff costs and projects sub-contracts.
- Support the Finance and HR Manager and the Project Coordinator in the preparation of grant agreements and amendments
- Support the Finance and HR Manager in following up on financial progress of projects/programs and maintaining a regular financial monitoring information on ECPC projects and programs.
- Compiling, reviewing, and editing of project technical progress reports and annual workplans and overseeing timely submission to the EC
- Contribute to the preparation for internal and external audits.
- Assist the Project Coordinator in launching, managing, and monitoring calls for proposals, tenders, evaluation and selection of projects.
- Ensure the follow-up of the implementation of EU projects and the performance of project managers and partners, monitor contractual obligations (via periodic reviews, reporting and assistance, etc.)
What we offer
- An open-end full-time contract under the Belgian legislation and a salary remuneration according to Belgian legislation (CP337.000) and depending on the candidates’ profile and experience
- Meal vouchers, eco-cheques, group insurance, refund of public transport
- Dynamic international, friendly, and talented team, fostering collaborative and supportive culture.
- Missions that will accelerate your learning curve.
- Committed management: regular briefings, feedback and advise
- Significant autonomy in your daily work
- IT & analytical minded
- Excellent communication skills
- Project management experience is a plus
- Sense of organization and planning:
- Ability to prioritise, follow through, meet deadlines and deliver results
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Attention to details
- You are assertive, hands-on and a real problem solver.
- A genuine interest in the field of cancer patients and civil society organisations
- You are motivated, proactive, hands-on attitude, autonomous, discreet with an analytical approach.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented atmosphere as well as independently.
- Bachelor’s degree Accounting / Finance / Business Management
- Experience within a not-for-profit organization is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of European funding rules and programmes
- At least 2 years of experience in financial management or a similar position (internship not included)
- At least C1 level in English (oral and written); good professional command of French would be an advantage.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications, particularly advanced level in Excel is required.
- Having the right to live and work in Belgium without a work permit
Please send your application in English (CV and motivation letter describing the relevant experience and linking it to the requirements for this position) to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating in the subject “Finance Officer Application – Full name”.
Applications not meeting the application requirements will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. CV and personal data of non-selected candidates are not shared with anyone outside ECPC.
We will assess the applications as we receive them and not wait till the deadline is passed. Should you be interested please do not wait till the last day, as we may have already filled the position.