The European Cancer Patient Coalition is recruiting
An HR and Finance Manager
Full-time (100%) position to start as soon as possible
Deadline: 30th January 2023
Offices: ECPC Secretariat, 6, Avenue des Arts, 1210 Brussels
HR and Finance Manager
The European Cancer Patient Coalition (ECPC) is a European umbrella organization based in Brussels gathering over 450 cancer patient associations from 49 Countries.
ECPC was set up in 2003. We believe that cancer patients are the most important partners in cancer control and we advocate for all the cancer-related issues aﬀecting our society. Every day we are working to make sure that all European cancer patients have timely and aﬀordable access to the best treatment and care available, throughout their life.
The European Cancer Patient Coalition has an immediate vacancy for a full-time HR and Finance Manager. You will support the ECPC Director and Board, and work closely with the ECPC Treasurer and Audit Committee, external Accountant and Auditor and the Projects Coordinator to ensure that we meet financial and administrative requirements:
- You will assist the Director in managing the ECPC Secretariat, and take care of other administrative matters.
- You will be responsible for the financial and accounting management of our organization, especially related to adhering to financial, reporting and administrative requirements of Belgian authorities and of of EU EU-funded projects.
- Manage the Human Relations function of the organization and ensure that we meet the legal requirements of employers.
Administrative and Communications Responsibilities
- Committed to keeping information confidential when needed.
- Staff administration: keep track of presence in the office, register absence of staff, keep track of staff business travels, staff holidays, support the Director in daily staff administration; keep data on staff payroll, salary increases, leaves and holidays, coordinate with the agency in charge of the payroll. Keep personnel files updated at all times.
- Responsible for the delivery of first line advice to employees, management and senior management on all HR matters in accordance with policies, procedures and appropriate legislation.
- Supporting and advising line managers in management and development of staff.
- Responsible for identifying appropriate training for employees through analysis of performance objectives.
- Manage services provided by suppliers (office rental, office and equipment maintenance, internet, supplies, etc.) and keep all contract files updated, ensure procurement procedures are followed, manage general office insurance.
- Perform other duties as needed, such as handling reimbursements, payments, prepare meeting arrangements and reports, make travel arrangements and other administrative tasks to support other colleagues and the Director.
- Track income and expenditure on a weekly basis (excel) and report to the Director;
- Issue invoices and follow-up their settlement in a timely manner with the pertinent staff members; Keep track of and pay bills on time.
- Manage reimbursements to staff and meeting participants.
- Prepare and monitor periodic financial reporting and prepare the financial reporting for EU funded projects.
- Prepare quarterly reports to Treasurer.
- Drafting project budgets (for EU funded projects under Horizon Europe-IHI or other as well as for projects that are part of the ECPC Action Plan), in cooperation with the Head of Health and Research Programs and the Director, with oversight by the Treasurer and the Audit Committee.
- Present the financial situation of the organization to the Board and to the General Assembly;
- Prepare quarterly financial reports, including budget vs actuals.
- Liaise with bank/s and Belgian authorities.
- Liaise closely with the Treasurer, the external Auditor and the external Accountant .
- Advise the Board and staff on financial matters and proper keeping of financial records.
- Organised and having attention to detail.
- Discreet personality with a high sense of duty, understanding confidentiality
- Fluent in spoken and written English, another EU language required
- Proven sound knowledge of Belgian labor law and financial rules
- Postgraduate education in Business Administration, Financial Management
- Proven prior experience of at least five years working in Brussels in the European context, traineeships do not count in the required prior experience
- Proven experience in Belgian accounting, financial and administrative reporting for EU-funded projects under Horizon 2020-Horizon Europe- IMI – IHI;
- Prior employment in a large NGO and knowledge/understanding of cancer preferred.
- Excellent use of Office 365 Suite with advanced experience with Excel and of project management platforms
- Excellent communication skills
Starting date : as soon as possible, preferably not later than February 2023
Terms of Employment
This is a full-time position (38 hours per week), an open-end full-time contract under the Belgian legislation and remuneration according to Belgian legislation (CP337.000) and depending on the candidates’ profile and experience. We also offer a full range of extra-legal benefits (group insurance, meal vouchers, eco-cheques, CCT90 Bonus etc) as well as 5 additional holidays per year.
We offer a captivating and varied function with an organization driven by its mission and where initiative, creativity, and energy are strongly encouraged.
Interested candidates should send a CV and a cover letter (maximum two pages) in English ONLY by email to email@example.com by January 30, 2023. The cover letter should have as Subject line: “Application for the position of HR and Finance Manager– your name”) and should outline your suitability and motivation for the post, indicating also when you could start, if short-listed for interview. It should explicitly reference how your profile matches the different job requirements described above. Please also include a photo with your application and the names and contact details of two people (ideally a current or former line manager or supervisor) who could provide a reference in case you are short-listed for interview.
Applications not meeting the requirements will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. CV and personal data of non-selected candidates are not shared with anyone outside ECPC.