For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – and all other laws relating to the use of your data we are the ‘data controller’ of the information you provide to us. This means that we handle the way the information is managed and processed while keeping your personal data secure and only using it for approriate purposes.
What Personal Data does ECPC collect?
With this in mind, ECPC will treat your data with care and take steps to protect it. You may provide us with the following types of personal data when you interact with us:
- Identity – first name, last name, gender, date of birth, ID and/or passport details
- Contact – email address, home address, phone number, social media accounts
- Financial – bank details
- Health – medical information, and dietary needs
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes by keeping your details up to date.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Right to erase – You have the right to ask ECPC to delete or remove Personal Data from our records.
- Right to transfer – You have the right to have the Personal Data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Rights of access – You have the right to request a copy of the Personal data that we hold about you.
- Right of correction – You have the right to correct Personal Data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to object – You have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing
- Right to restrict – You have the right to restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
If you want to exercise these rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org/.
You will not have to pay a fee to ECPC to exercise any of the other rights listed above. However, we may charge you a reasonable fee or refuse to comply with your request if it is unfounded, repetitive, or excessive.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity for security reasons in order to ensure your right to exercise any of the rights listed above.
ECPC will try and respond to all legitimate requests within four weeks. If it is likely to take longer than four weeks to respond, ECPC will notify you.
How does ECPC use your Personal Data?
ECPC uses the information collected from you for purposes including the following:
- To provide you with products and services, such as our newsletters
- To process job applications
- To process payments, invoices, and reimbursements
- To register for you for events
- To manage compliance and/or regulatory issues
- For internal administration and record keeping
- To answer your enquiries which may involve contacting you by social media post, e-mail, and/or phone.
- To administer our digital platforms
- To verify identity, and to detect and prevent fraud
- to give you the opportunity to provide us with feedback through surveys
We will only use your Personal Data when the applicable laws allow us to.
Who does ECPC share your Personal Data with?
Does ECPC send your Personal Data outside the EU?
ECPC is located within the European Union (EU), however, if there is a time when any of our service providers are based outside the EU, we will make sure that your Personal Data is still treated fairly and lawfully. This will include ensuring we have a legal ground for sending your data outside the EU and putting in place necessary safeguards for such arrangement.
How long does ECPC keep your information?
We only store your information for as long as we actually need it for the purposes it was acquired in the first place. In most cases, this means that we will keep your information for as long as you continue to
i) be a member of ECPC
ii) be a partner in a project that ECPC leads
iii) subscribe to ECPC’s newsletter and other publications.
After that we will either delete it or anonymise it so it cannot be linked back to you.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Belgian Data Protection Authority:
To unsubscribe from ECPC newsletters you can click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the newsletter.
For any other emails, please contact the sender or email@example.com/ to opt-out of these communications.